by Leimo on August 7, 2014 in Uncategorized
Although color-treating your hair can help you channel a Katty Perry-esque look, sometimes you need to be careful since it is not only expensive, but it will also ruin your hair. So along with these stylish looks, you also need to invest in treatments or essential hair care tips that’ll save your hair from these harsh chemicals.
The harsh chemicals found on bleaches and dyes can take a toll on the quality of your hair.
The constant exposure to harsh chemicals may cause hair problems like dandruff, frizzes and split-ends. What’s worse, these harmful elements can turn your shiny and luxurious hair into dull and lifeless locks since some of these chemicals work by opening the hair shafts. When this happens, your strands will be vulnerable to the damaging factors like dust, ultraviolet rays, salt or chlorine which are present in the surrounding.
With that, to keep your hair strands from becoming too frizzy, dry, dull and lifeless as well as to stop the onset of hair fall, we’ve compiled some essential hair care tips for you to follow through:
- Before you think of going to the beach or the pool for a swim, make sure to protect your colour treated hair by applying a leave-on conditioner or wearing a swimming cap to lessen the absorption of salt or chlorinated water into the hair follicles. This is an essential hair care tips that will help you avoid the onset of hair brittleness or discolouration.
- Another very essential hair care tips to do when exiting the pool or the beach, wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the salt or chorine that got stuck on the hair strands and the scalp. After rinsing, apply a rinse off conditioner that is made from organic ingredients to keep the hair moisturised. Remember, choose a shampoo and conditioner that does not contain damaging compounds like sodium chloride and sodium lauryl sulphate. Instead, opt for hair care products that are specifically formulated for colour-treated hair.
- When styling your hair, make sure to limit the use of heat-styling tools like permers, straighteners, blow-dryers and curling irons. Since dyeing or bleaching can weaken the hair strands, avoid putting extreme stress on the hair follicles to prevent the onset of split-ends, frizzes and hair loss.
- Applying a home-made hair mask made from natural ingredients like honey, avocado, and banana will help nourish and condition your newly dyed or bleached tresses. One essential hair care tips to remember in order to achieve healthier and shinier mane is to apply a conditioning hair mask once or twice a week, depending on your hair type. If you have oily hair, then use a conditioning hair mask once a week.
- Make sure to visit a hair salon or go to your hairstylist whenever you can afford it. Asking the help of a professional can work wonders on the health of your mane. Most hairstylists and hair salon professionals will recommend that you include keratin treatment in your essential hair care tips to keep your newly dyed locks healthy, shiny and beautiful.