by Leimo on July 30, 2014 in Hair Loss Treatment
There is no one formula to obtaining a beautiful and healthy head of hair. Hair comes in different forms or types and that means there is no one-size-fits-all hair care regimen.
You will have to devise and customise your own, whatever it is that is suitable for your hair. But here are a few hair care regimen and tricks that you could incorporate into yours — tips that always work to improve any type of hair.
Dos for Hair Care
- If you are using a regular shampoo (not mild), try to avoid washing your hair every day unless you want to get rid of a lot of product from your hair. However, if you are using a mild shampoo, it is generally okay to shampoo every day.
- To balance the oil production, clarify, soothe, heal, and condition hair and scalp, use fresh aloe vera or aloe vera extracts. Do this at least twice a month so improve on the natural shine.
- Use baking soda scrub as your shampoo and do this at least once a week. This hair care regimen helps in removing product build-up or dandruff
- Honey, olive oil, castor oil and other emollients can replenish the lost and lock in moisture in the hair.
- Let your hair air-dry where possible. Use the blow-dryer sparingly to prevent long-term damage and dryness.
- To remove tangles in wet hair, use a wide-toothed comb instead of a brush or a narrow-toothed comb. Don’t rub the towel against the shafts to avoid breakage.
- Avocado hair mask or argan oil which is abundant in protein, lecithin, vitamins A, B1, B2, B5, D, E, fatty acids, and minerals, is also a great hair care regimen in transforming lifeless hair into a more vibrant, voluminous, and healthier hair.
Don’ts for Hair Care
- Watch your grooming practice. Harsh hairstyles like tight ponytails, chignons, tight hair styles and the using extensions or weaves can cause damage to the hair follicles is worn regularly. Also, if you wear a hairstyle, use coated bands or scrunchies, which are basically less harmful to the hair shafts.
- Beware of potentially dangerous chemicals present in your daily hair care regimen products. Potentially harmful chemicals present in most personal products include SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate), SMS (sodium myreth sulfate), sodium hydroxide, guanidine hyroxide , ammonium hydroxide, alcohol, para-phenylenediamine (PPD-found in chemically derived hair colorants), formaldehyde, cyclopentasilaxane, parabens, mineral oil, paraffin, lanolin, urea, artificial fragrances, artificial colorants, peroxide.
- Constant use of chemical stylers (e.g. relaxers, perms, texturizers, highlights, bleach, colorants) are also harmful if used regularly.
- Heat is the most harmful enemy of the hair. Therefore, constant use heat-styling tools in you daily hair care regimen (e.g. blow dryers, curling irons, straightening irons) is a sure way of damaging your hair, so if possible avoid it at all cost.
Read more about Natural Hair Loss Treatment to Maintain Healthy Tresses.